Natalie Alexis And Johnathan Chase DeBlase
November 24, 2005 -  March 4, 2010
December 29, 2006 -  June 20, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial - Natalie
Find A Grave Memorial - Chase

Natalie and Chase DeBlase were last seen alive in during a family outing, the two children supposedly went
missing after that, though it was not reported until police were notified by a relative of their step-mother. Heather
Leavell-Keaton and John DeBlase, would both end up being arrested after John told police that his children were
dead and buried and a search began to find them. John and Heather were charged with child abuse as well as
corpse- abuse:

"We know that both of them are going to be responsible for the deaths of both children. But
the details of how they died, it's still too early to tell"
Police Spokesman - Christopher Levy

Search and rescue workers as well as 20 police officers did an extensive search and were unable to find the
children's bodies even though John had given them directions to where he had buries his children. John had told
searchers to go to a wooded area about 55 miles west of Mobile, Alabama, searched hoped to find the remains of Natalie, who was five years old at the time of her death and Chase, who was three years old.

John told police that his children were kidnapped by some men with masks, on fathers day. Police were ready to accept that story and had not filed charges until Heather told them that John might have killed the two children and that she wanted a protective order against him because she feared he may try to kill her and their newborn daughter:

"I am afraid that he is going to do something to harm our daughter, because of what
was done to
the other children"

When he was questioned, John first told the police about the masked men then told the police that Heather had tortured and killed his children. Heather said that John was the one who poisoned the children and that just before they died, each of them had vomited up a black substance.

Further investigation would reveal that Heather had abused these two innocent young Angels on a daily basis. Heather would duct tape Natalie's hands and arms to her body, force a sock into her mouth and duct tape it closed, put her into a suitcase and into the closet, at times for up to 14 hours. Chase would suffer the same except he would have a broom stick taped to his back so that he would have to stand for hours at a time while everyone else in the household went to sleep. John knew about what his children were going through and he did NOTHING to help them.

At some point, Heather and John decided that they no longer wanted the responsibility of these two children and decided to kill them. Using the family dog as practice, they fed the poor animal anti freeze to test how long it would take the dog to die. An inmate at the prison, Roseanna Russell, claimed that Heather said they then fed it to Natalie first and after she died, Chase began asking for her around other people so they fed it to him and he

John told investigators that he had buried the bodies of his children and covered them with twigs. Eventually, the remains of the children were found, Chase near Vancleave, Mississippi and Natalie three days later near Citronelle, Alabama.

Heather changed her story in court and claimed that John is the one who killed the children after feeding them rat poison. In one statement he made, John claimed that one night he came home and found Natalie duct taped and dead in the suitcase and that Chase was then duct taped to the broomstick as punishment for wetting himself and that he left the boy alone with Heather that night when he went to bed and the next morning, Chase was dead.

Sadly, only AFTER their deaths, neighbors came forward to say that Heather had shaken the children and would
call them evil spawn from Hell as well as calling Natalie a whore and an evil brat. If these people had spoken up
earlier, these two Angels might still be alive.


While prosecutors decided if they were going to go for the death penalty or not, John and Heather were charged
with two counts of felony murder and abuse of a corpse and both plead not guilty by reason of insanity. Each
of them was evaluated and found to be okay to stand trial.

Richard DeBlase, father of John did not go to his sons hearing and had not spoken to his son at all and said he
didn't want to. Richard remembered a time when the family had lived with them, for over two years:

"They were two really adorable kids, really adorable. You couldn't help but love them. I have
relinquished him as being my son. I am sorry. I cannot grasp how you could not turn around and
protect your kids. As God is my witness, if John had ended up in my face hearing what happened
to those kids, how I would react? I don't know. If you have a dog that has rabies, you shoot it, you
rid of it, I don't know when it's your son"

Richard and Ann are not supporting their son in any way and John has not tried to contact them at all. Richard
and Ann wanted to put their focus into a proper burial for their grandchildren.


In Memory of:
Natalie Alexis Jonathan Chase DeBlase

Natalie Alexis DeBlase, born on November 24, 2005 and Jonathan Chase DeBlase, born on December 29, 2006, now loving & caring Angels that went to be with the Lord.

Natalie was known as "The Princess" and Jonathan was known as "The Dare Devil." Natalie was a special little girl who loved Christmas and called Christmas lights "Gum Drops", Jonathan was a curious young "Ladies" man.
They are survived by a loving mother, Corrine Elizabeth DeBlase (Jonah) Heathcock; maternal grandmother, Elizabeth Boyette; paternal grandparents, Richard John & Dorothy Ann DeBlase. Numerous aunts, uncles, cousins and special friends.

Memorial services will be held on Saturday, January 8, 2011 at 12 Noon from the chapel of Mobile Memorial Gardens Funeral Home. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Saturday 10:00 AM until service time at the funeral home.

Memorials may be made in the DeBlase Children's names to Crime Prevention Child Advocacy Center. 1351 Springhill Avenue. Mobile, AL (251) 432-1101.

Funeral arrangements by Mobile Memorial Gardens Funeral Home, 6040 Three Notch Rd. Mobile, AL 36619.
Arrangements under the direction of Mobile Memorial Gardens Funeral Home, Mobile, AL.


In September of 2011, Heather Leavell-Keaton, was taken to a state mental facility to be evaluated to determine if she was mentally fit to stand trial. Heather had plead not guilty by reason of mental disease or mental defect and had already been evaluated once, however, the Psychologist was not able to make a determination and recommended she be evaluated further.

It seems that John DeBlase also plead guilty with the same reasoning and was about to undergo his own mental evaluation.

Prosecutors were of the mind that that no evidence existed that these two people were insane or for any reason unable to stand trial.

In November of 2011, District Attorney Ashley Rich said that John and Heather were both found fit to stand trial. It was reported that while the details could not be shared, the State Psychologists had found that John and Heather were both mentally competent while they were abusing and then killed Natalie:

"We stand behind their ruling 100%"
Ashley Rich

If these two people were convicted of capital murder, they could be facing the death penalty or life in prison.

As of today, June 9, 2014, I am unable to find anything else about this case.

UPDATE: Please click the links below to read about the trial that started in October of 2014

Death Occurred in the state of Alabama

If you do not like what you see printed on this page, please see my DISCLAIMER statement. THANK YOU!